What did YOU do on the FOURTH of July????
China is funny on American Holidays. Come to think of it, China is funny on Holidays period. I TOTALLY respect the culture and all that it has to offer, but they celebrate days that you and I would never think of. Tomb Sweeping Day, Spring Festival, Dragon Boat Festival…. for me, these days just mess with my Production schedule; but in China these are the highest of HOLY days!!! They get days, even weeks off for this stuff. It is major. I totally respect it! Usually I don’t celebrate their holidays….. so on a day that they are not celebrating, I am living UP life!!!!
Here’s what I did on my Hoppin’ Fourth of July, as AMERICAN style as possible!!!!!
- Wore something USA like- Prairie dress, with braided leather belt, birkenstocks… but of course
all made in China.
- Skyped my loved ones… Mom just got home from the Hospital… yeaa! And Sacha was at
Belmont with the Boys drinking Beers!
- Shopping a’ la’ mass America style… shop the ads today for sales…. Couldn’t read anything
but the stores were packed.
- Bought a few new pairs of Shoes… a 4th of July tradition!!!
- Repainted newly bummed manicure from yesterday… I hate when I do that!
- lunch at McDonalds….. so American!
- Joined a Gym and worked out… so L.A.!!!
- Decorated something…. Another tradition to the 4th… Sandals for upcoming photo shoot….
- World Cup Rocks! Soccer/ Football is fun and brings people together!
- Listened to NON-Stop American Rock N Roll today specifically Elvis Prestley and Bruce
- I am getting EXCITED to go to Shanghai next weekend for the World Expo, it’s going to be
glamourous.. everyone is talking about Shanghai.
- I wished another American in China today happy 4th of July!!! He had no idea that it was the
Fourth of July!!
- Got an Ice Cream from the Dairy Queen…. Sooo Middle America!
- Heard a Firework!! Or maybe that was building construction? Hearing lots of banging…imagining fireworks! All peace ‘n love in my pad!!! Have “Jammin” on repeat! Well, maybe they know about fireworks today. Changing my mind. Dreamimg for a sparkler.
Happy Fourth everybody!!! Break a plate, make babies, I think that I was actually conceived on the Fourth of July. What a FABULOUS day- Independence Day. A Nation’s Birthday celebrating freedom. Let’s enjoy it, because tomorrow it’s back to the daily grind. Grrrrr. OOHH Holy Mt. Zion, Don’t Stop! We’re Jammin’ today!!!! I hope your JAMMIN’ is rock solid and memorable for the Fourth! And remember that, I wanna Jammit with You!!!
Peace, Love and FASHION, Mon!!!! Meghan Fab
Tags: American Holidays, American Rock N Roll, Birkenstocks, China Today, Dairy Queen, Day Spring, Dragon Boat Festival, Drinking Beers, Elvis Prestley, Fourth Of July, Fun World, Happy 4th Of July, Holy Days, Leather Belt, Middle America, Photo Shoot, Soccer Football, Spring Festival, Style Shop, Tomb Sweeping Day, World Expo